Tuesday 1 January 2013

Jar of happiness.

Happy 2013! :) I am stoked & a lil anxious at the same time for this is the year where I'm going to graduate from university. I have in mind certain career options that I'm going to pursue once I have graduated but I am still keeping my doors open. I am also going to try out more challenging recipes & share them with ya here if they turn out successful. I don't think you will want to know how many times I have failed in the kitchen lol. Volcano tops, cracked tops, sunken middles; mishaps are prone to happen even to the very best bakers, what not to mention a novice like me! :P

I look back at 2012 with nothing but a certain amount of distaste. It was so emotionally draining on the personal front but I learnt loads from it. Like walking away from toxic relationships & chasing after my own happiness.

Speaking of happiness, I saw a photo on Facebook yesterday and it piqued my interest. I had never been big on such.. self-help things. In fact, I don't think it could be even qualified as self-help lol. But hey what the heck, I'm going to give it a shot and see what the new year is going to bring. :)


& therefore, this is my own jar! :) I originally intended it to store cookies that I'm going to bake but I think keeping track of the good&happy things that happened to me is more important.. It allows me to dwell lesser on negativity, and also be thankful for the people who made these happiness possible. 


That very first piece, was dedicated to a girlfriend of mine whom I call Meggy. She had an extra bag of homemade Oreo fudge, & knowing that her madhat friend here is a big fan of oreos, she packed them up nicely & gave them to me! =) Thanks so much!

The new year has barely begun but I've already "signed up" for the Goodreads 2013 Reading Challenge! :) This time, I'm going to up the ante by setting a goal of 60 books, of which 1 of them must be a Classic (for instance, Great Expectations by Charles Dickens & the like), & 3 non-fiction. You can check out a list of what I have read last year by clicking on the tab above! I strongly recommend giving Kristin Hannah a try; her novels are so emotional & she explores a wide variety of themes. My favorite novel from her has to be Winter Garden! I'd been wanting to buy a copy for myself after returning the library's copy. If you want something more light-hearted but just as good, you can check out novels written by Jenny Colgan! Meet Me at the Cupcake Cafe was brilliant, but you MAY find the ending for the sequel Christmas at the Cupcake Cafe a tad exasperating.

Wherever you are right now, I hope that you will create your own happiness, hold your head up high and be kind to one another.

Happy 2013. :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment