Friday 14 December 2012

12km cycling at Punggol


Happy holidays! I am definitely enjoying mine; it has been so long since I got to have a decent rest, what with juggling work and school simultaneously. On the work side, it has been a challenging and grueling year, but I'm glad my senior class got to move on to the next phase in their lives - secondary school! Admittedly, there were some disappointments; some of them COULD have done better but what's done been done. Plus, if you know me personally as a teacher, I always say that the national exam for the Primary Sixers is not a fair gauge for a 12 year-old's intelligence, and I still stand by it.

But I'm so excited for my students in my senior class! I believe wholeheartedly that they are going to enjoy secondary school and hopefully they will make the best out of it. I had a great time at mine and I looked back at those memories with great fondness. My favorite memory has to be when I was a freshman at high school, walking out with an acquaintance and the two of us got chased by a dog. Our high school was surrounded by bungalows and terrace houses so it is the norm to see big dogs every now and then. We made the stupid mistake of running & it wasn't until the owner finally yelled for its dog. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fun times. ;)

Anyway. I hardly dared say this but I finally got the hang of cycling. Somewhat. My boyfriend is very persistent about teaching me cycling and I finally caved in. We went gallivanting around Punggol from his place; I.. was not sure if he knew what he would be in for when he plonked me on the back seat of his bicycle while he biked us around.


 

The weather was great; by a stroke of luck, it wasn't raining on that evening. It had been pouring hippos and rhinos for pretty much the entire of November and December. A nice change from the usual hot weather that we were accustomed to. 



 
 

Because the area was still under development, there were some stretches where there wasn't any street lights at all. Darkness shrouded us with the sounds of insects cricking away merrily; pretty thankful to reach the main road where we had a small supper consisting of rice and sambal vegetables. 


And to wrap up the post, I'll leave you with a picture which my boyfriend doctored. 

 

;) x


0 comments:

Post a Comment